Wednesday, July 4, 2012

hello and mushrooms and things

It's been a while since I've updated this blog. Years! I almost forgot about it. So much has happened between now and my last post. I've moved so much. Countries, homes, jobs. I've been broken in so many ways and I've rebuilt. Finally I am in a state where I am much more settled. calmer and happy.

These days I've been finding myself drawing more often. I have been inspired with so many contemporary Japanese artists and designers such as Tsumori Chisato and Aya Takano. I love the bright colours and whimsical shapes and characters (I love most things whimsical).

I was walking home one wintry evening when I saw mushrooms thriving on sidewalks that I spent the whole night drawing them and colouring them in photoshop the week after. These are the results!






In the future I hope to turn my drawings into textile patterns or something wearable.

Anyway, I hope everyone is staying warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment